苏州夜生活,苏州桑拿论坛,苏州夜网,苏州楼凤

Feed Rss

Archive for January, 2019

Cameron won’t ask Mumford to tone down aggression

01.14.2019, Comments Off on Cameron won’t ask Mumford to tone down aggression, 苏州桑拿会所, by .

Greater Western Sydney coach Leon Cameron won’t be asking Shane Mumford to tone down his aggressive style after the Giants got their mojo back in the run to the finals.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

The Giants hammered the Melbourne Demons but Mumford could be rubbed out for next week’s showdown with the Western Bulldogs following two separate incidents.

Mumford faces an anxious wait for the match review panel’s call after he slung Corey Maynard to the turf and collected Max Gawn in the head with a shoulder.

It’s Cameron’s only headache after the Giants returned to form in emphatic fashion with a 14.13 (97) to 10.2 (62) win in front of another full house at Manuka Oval on Saturday afternoon.

But the Giants mentor won’t be asking his star ruckman to change the way he plays, saying Mumford’s aggression is pivotal in the club’s charge towards a maiden premiership.

“I probably get asked that every time Shane plays,” Cameron said.

“It was fantastic having him at his aggressive best. I thought those two players in Gawn and Mumford had an outstanding duel. Gawn kicked a goal early but it was great that Mummy’s inside work was terrific.

“We need him playing in that aggressive manner. I prefer him to play on edge like he did today and hopefully he should be fine.

“I thought he played in the right manner today Shane, and definitely helped our mids.”

Mumford had an epic ruck duel with Melbourne star Gawn and will be keen to replicate his dominance over the Bulldogs from earlier this season but the Giants have a readymade replacement if he cops a ban.

Dawson Simpson deputised in Mumford’s absence last week and Cameron believes his second choice ruckman will be able to shoulder the load if needed.

“Obviously that’s subjective in terms of Mumford’s availability, but Dawson was unlucky to come out of the side,” Cameron said.

“He played some really good footy, he’s got great spirit, great heart, which is exactly what we need. I hope I don’t have to make that decision but if it happens then Dawson Simpson is an absolutely perfect replacement because he has a crack.

“At 28 years old he’s actually defying a bit of logic in playing some great footy as a ruckman. He was unlucky to not to play today, but who knows, in the coming weeks he might get his spot.”

A second straight Canberra clean sweep pushes the Giants into second on the premiership table, a status that defies their horror injury toll.

It sends a huge message to the rest of the competition and leaves the Demons locked in a mad scramble with four other clubs to keep in touch with the top eight.

But now the challenge is to back it up against the reigning premiers who are fighting to stay in touch with the top eight.

“We know some of [the Giants players] have been up and down in and out of form so the confidence has probably taken a hit over the last month,” Cameron said.

“It’s a ruthless competition. We sit here and we’re happy because we got the four points and we played in a manner for three quarters better than we probably had for most of the year.

“It doesn’t get easier, we play the Dogs next Friday night and there’s a reason why they’re the premiers from last year. They’re playing some really good footy and if we don’t turn up and tackle really well next week, I’ll be in a press conference with a loss.”

AT A GLANCE

GWS GIANTS 8.6 10.7 13.12 14.13 (97)

MELBOURNE DEMONS 3.0 5.1 7.1 10.2 (62)

Goals: GWS: Delidio, Coniglio, Scully, Himmelberg, Kelly 3, Johnson 2, Shiel, Ward, Mumford, Smith 2. Melbourne: Gawn, Neal-Bullen 2, Tyson, McDonald, Pedersen, Watts, Melksham 2, Maynard

Best:

Josh Kelly 9

Stephen Coniglio 8

Shane Mumford 7

Callan Ward 7

Max Gawn 7

Learn more

Mansion of former energy boss passes in at $9.25m

01.14.2019, Comments Off on Mansion of former energy boss passes in at $9.25m, 苏州桑拿会所, by .

Linc Energy’s Peter Bond.BRW(NO CAPTION INFORMATION PROVIDED)A sprawling Brisbane estate has passed in at auction for less than it sold for almost a decade ago.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

The extravagant Fig Tree Pocket mansion, owned by former Linc Energy boss Peter Bond, failed to sell at auction on Saturday, despite lengthy negotiations.

The seven-bedroom, nine-bathroom mansion passed in at $9.25 million, $250,000 short of what Mr Bond bought it for in 2008.

It was previously listed for sale last year with an asking price of $11.9 million but was withdrawn from the market.

The estate sits on 1.2 hectares of riverfront land, and boasts an indoor water feature, automatic doors, and double-story floor to ceiling windows looking out toward the river.

The home has been called “one of the most substantial properties in Brisbane” in the past.

Mr Bond said he was selling because he planned to leave Queensland, after Linc Energy collapsed in May last year.

Bidding started at $8 million. There were two bidders, and competition slowed at $9 million before eventually stopping at $9.25 million.

During about 30 minutes of negotiations, an agreement between Mr Bond and the buyers could not be reached.

“We wouldn’t have spent the time on it if the difference was cattle stations,” auctioneer Haesley Cush said. “To see bidding in Brisbane over eight million bucks is a wonderful sign for the Brisbane market.

“Most of those properties sell in a backroom somewhere, and rarely do you get open transparency at this end of the market.”

Ray White New Farm principal Matt Lancashire declined to comment, but said he would continue to work with the highest bidder. Related: Squash world champ’s beachfront home for saleRelated: Derelict Sydney home sells for $1.26 millionRelated: Tiny cottage in Melbourne sells for $1,175,000

Later on Saturday in Wooloowin, an old, rundown Queenslander built in the 1930s went to auction for the very first time.

“It was a family home of a lady who lived there her whole life,” Ray White Bridgeman Downs agent Sonya Treloar said. “She passed away and she left it to her son. He sold to a couple and they had a DA put on it to restore the whole home.”

A change in circumstances with the vendors’ business meant they had to sell the house with the plans in place, which attracted a lot of attention from buyers.

The auction kicked off with a bid of $700,000, but shot up as potential buyers started piling on. It was announced on the market shortly after passing $820,000, and eventually sold to Clayfield couple Scott and Mel Baker for $841,000.

“We’re pretty stoked,” Mr Baker said of the pair upsizing from an apartment.

While the couple weren’t looking for a property to renovate, they felt the old home was too good an opportunity to pass up.

“To be perfectly honest with you, we were chasing a finished house,” Mr Baker said. “My brother’s an architect and my dad’s a builder so we saw this house and the potential that it has and we saw those views and they were just spectacular. That’s what sold us.”

Mr Baker said he felt like it was meant to be. “It just so happened that our [price] limit is what we won it for. It’s a bit serendipitous, I guess you could say.”

Learn more

Black Diamond AFL: Newcastle City won’t rest players in pivotal final roundphotos

01.14.2019, Comments Off on Black Diamond AFL: Newcastle City won’t rest players in pivotal final roundphotos, 苏州桑拿会所, by .

City won’t rest players in pivotal final round | photos CLOSE: Max Quinlan and Courtney Knights celebrate a goal in Newcastle City’s nail-biting loss to Terrigal Avoca at No.1 Sportsground on Saturday.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

TweetFacebook Newcastle City v Terrigal AvocaPictures: Max Mason-HubersNewcastle City coach Mitchell Knight says he will not rest healthy players in this weekend’s final round against Warners Bay as the Bulldogs strive for a place in the Black Diamond AFL semi-finals.

The Blues are already assured of third place, but the Bulldogs must beat the defending champions at Feighan Park on Saturday and hope fourth-placed Nelson Bay loseto cellar dwellers Killarney Vale.

Warners Bay kept their faint hopes alive with a 10.11 (71) to10.5 (65) victory over the Bombersat Adelaide St Oval on Saturday and now have a superior points percentage to the Marlins.

Nelson Baywill not take victory over Killarney Vale for granted on the Central Coast afterlosingeight of their past nine games, including a15.9 (99) to5.6 (36) defeat against Cardiff on Saturday.

The Marlins thrashed the Bombers in late June, but that was in Nelson Bay.

The Bulldogswill meet a City side with nothing to play for after Saturday’s 9.14 (68) to 9.11 (65) loss to Terrigal-Avoca on a windsweptNo.1 Sportsground.

“If there’s anyone who’s carrying a niggle, they’ll definitely be rested, but we’re not just going to rest guys for the sake of it,” Knight said.

“You want to try to get a full team on the park so you can start to play the footy you want to coming intofinals. A lot of teams rest players then find it difficult to switch it on when they need to.”

Based on recent results, City may prefer to face Nelson Bay in anelimination semi-final anyway.

“Warners Bay have been playing some good footy and pushed Terrigal the other week, so they’re full of confidence,” Knight said.

Terrigal wrapped up the minor premiership with Saturday’s win over their perennial rivals. They kicked fivegoals in the opening term to lead by 26 points before the Blues closed to within eight points at half-time.

Knight said it was hard to draw conclusions from the game as both sides had about four key players missing, including City’s Conor Haswell (hamstring strain).

“He might get up for this weekend, but we might give him another week off,” Knight said.“He plays a big role for us. He rebounds the footy and sets us up off the half-back. He takes a few grabs as well, cuts off a lot of possessions. He would have been pretty handy yesterday.

“The pleasing thing was they only kicked one goal after half-time, so our defence is obviously working well.”

The Bombers’ Scott Reed kicked five goals at Adelaide St to maintain a 32-27 lead at the top of the goalkicking charts over BulldogKayne Gibbs, who also booted five.

Learn more

Security specialists welcome domestic airport crackdown

01.14.2019, Comments Off on Security specialists welcome domestic airport crackdown, 苏州桑拿会所, by .

The Turnbull government’s consideration of a dramatic tightening of domestic airport terminals – which would introduce measures similar to those deployed for international flights – has been cautiously welcomed by aviation security experts.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

Following the disruption of what police have alleged to be the most serious terror plot ever hatched in , cabinet will consider new measures that would include identity checks for domestic passengers at boarding gates, full body scans and restrictions on liquids. Access to terminals could also be restricted to those holding boarding passes.

Infrastructure and Transport Minister Darren Chester told Fairfax Media “security measures are kept under constant review” to ensure they keep up with evolving threats.

“I will be relying on advice from our intelligence and security experts and won’t be speculating on potential changes to airport arrangements before they are properly considered by cabinet in consultation with the aviation industry,” he said.

After raids on properties across Sydney last weekend, police have said a would-be terrorist planned to attack an international flight by smuggling a bomb aboard inside check-in luggage. Khaled Khayat, 49, has been accused of communicating directly with an Islamic State operative in Syria.

A second alleged plot could have seen a toxic gas dispersed on a domestic flight, public transport or in another crowded public space.

John Coyne, head of the border security program at the n Strategic Policy Institute, said any new security measure had to be linked to mitigating a specific risk or threat.

“In this case, when we look through the list, they could potential be very helpful as long as they are linked to some sort of threat and they are part of a layered security system,” Dr Coyne said.

But he cautioned that forcing people through body scanners may not be necessary.

“Is there a significant improvement by bringing in a body scanner. I would probably argue not. There is a layer of security we already have to fill most of that role. Identity cards are another that are really controversial. To the general public, it makes sense…but then again that only works if it’s connected to a broader system,” he said.

He said the reason for passport checks in international travel was part of an international law enforcement system and questioned whether photo ID in domestic travel would be monitored or used in a a beneficial way. He contended there was no direct benefit from identifying a traveller as they board a flight.

Dr Coyne said there should be a comprehensive review of airport security.

Roger Henning, CEO of Homeland Security Asia/Pacific, said he was “absolutely in favour” of what the government was doing but cautioned that it wouldn’t completely address the threat.

“It’s only taken us 10 years to do it. Again, the emphasis is on bells and whistles – the technology. What these politicians don’t comprehend is that technology is a tool, not a total solution. Makes them look good, feel good to spend a couple of hundred million dollars but it is not a total solution.”

Mr Henning also questioned the necessity of extra body scanners and said that the employees working at airports – across retail, airlines, maintenance and other areas – should be trained and deployed as eyes and ears looking out for suspicious activity.

The measures being considered are similar to those imposed on domestic flights in the United States.

Learn more

Sydney terror arrests: One week on

01.14.2019, Comments Off on Sydney terror arrests: One week on, 苏州桑拿会所, by .

Police will decide on Sunday if they should charge, release or continue questioning the final man being held after a series of terrorism raids were carried out across Sydney a week ago.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

The raids allegedly uncovered two plots to target passenger planes flying from Sydney to the Middle East by placing an explosive or gas in checked baggage.

One plot was abandoned at the last minute on July 15, after an improvised explosive device was taken as far as the international terminal at Sydney Airport, the n Federal Police said on Friday.

It is alleged another plot was being planned when the raids were carried out. The plots were arranged by an Islamic State operative in Syria who sent bomb components to in air cargo, police said. International intelligence agencies intercepted communications from the operative.

Four men were arrested in sweeping raids across Sydney on Saturday, and homes in Surry Hills, Lakemba, Punchbowl, Wiley Park and Bankstown were searched through the week.

Police applied for a special order to question the men for seven days. The order is due to expire on Sunday evening, and only Khaled Merhi remains in detention.

Khaled Mahmoud Khayat???, 49, and his brother Mahmoud Khayat???, 32, were charged on Thursday with two counts each of acting in preparation for or planning a terrorist act, which carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

Their case was briefly mentioned at Parramatta Local Court on Friday, where lawyers for the pair did not apply for bail. The case will return to court in November.

Abdul Merhi??? was released on Thursday night without charge, and his lawyer Moustafa Kheir said his client was “relieved the truth is out” after a “tough few days”.

“It’s just unfathomable that he would be associated with anything like this,” Mr Kheir said.

If police do not charge or release Khaled Merhi, they have the option to apply for a preventative detention order, a piece of terrorism legislation under which he could be held for a total of 14 days. The legislation can only be used if police believe a terrorist attack is imminent that could be prevented, or if they believe vital evidence will be lost after a terrorist act.

On Saturday, police were tight-lipped about which course of action they would take.

AFP Deputy Commissioner Michael Phelan on Friday described the July 15 plot where an explosive was packed inside a meat mincer and carried in luggage as “one of the most sophisticated plots that has ever been attempted on n soil”.

“With assistance from the IS commander, the accused assembled the IED … into what we believe was a functioning IED to be placed on that flight,” Mr Phelan said.

“At no stage did the IED breach security.”

Mr Phelan said the plot was possibly abandoned because the luggage was too heavy.

Learn more